- “The Dance Interview Series with Yena Sharma Purmasir.” Words Dance Publishing Blog, April 2016.
- “Interview with Yena Sharma Purmasir.” Persephone’s Daughters, Issue 2, Spring 2016.
- “WAYP Spotlight: Yena Sharma Purmasir.” Where Are You Press Blog, July 2015.
- “11 Questions with Yena Sharma Purmasir.” Words Dance Publishing Blog, May 2015.
- “A Moving Interview with a Budding Indian Writer: Yena Sharma Purmasir.” hi India, December 2013.
- “A community of campus writers steadily grows.” The Phoenix Newspaper, November 2013.
- “Yena Purmasir ‘14 Grapples with Ethnic Identity Issues in a Poem for Tumblr Contest.” The Daily Gazette, October 2013.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Nominated for Best of Net 2017 (Nonfiction, “On Being the Support Beam in My Family’s House: Holding the World Throughout Loss,” Recenter Press Blog)
- Received an Honorable Mention at the 2017 Queens Library Summer Poetry Contest (“Even in Utopia, Even Here”)
- Recognized on Autostraddle’s 215 of the Best Longreads of 2015 - All Written by Women (Memoir, “We Are The Same Sheep: Around the World in 33 Days, Mask Magazine)
- Recipient of the 2014 Chuck James Literary Prize from Swarthmore College’s Black Culture Center, awarded to the graduating senior who has made the greatest contribution to the literary life of the black community
- Winner of the 2013 “Where Are You Poet” Contest Hosted By Clementine von Radics’ Where Are You Press
- Awarded the title of Queens Teen Poet Laureate for the 2010-2011 academic year
- Received Gold Keys from the 2010 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards for her individual poetry and her compilation writing portfolio
- Recipient of 2010 “Best of Borough Poetry Prize” from the Random House, Inc. Creative Writing Competition